Wednesday 9 April 2008

I last posted when???

Oh dear. How time flies. It's nearly 3 weeks since my last post. The NEC was good but after previous visits I've felt a bit disappointed and this trip was no different. I want to see something new, different & exciting but I didn't see it and I hope to get a good bargain but didn't really see any.
I bought a small Penny Black stamp (lurrve those stamps) but, gorgeous as they are, I think they are very expensive. I also bought an unmounted stamp from Little Claire who's images are just lovely and considerably less expensive than PBs. I bought the new rock-a-blocks from Crafters Companion and must confess to being a fan despite the price. Combined with my other new best friend, Stayzon, the image is fantastic. Apart from that, I saw some lovely products but wasn't prepared to pay the price. My mum and sis had lovely day and we took my 10 year old daughter too.

A word of warning to all future visitors: we had lunch in the restaurant. On checking the receipt, they had charged me £1.75 for my daughter's Muller fruit corner yogurt. Believing I had been charged wrong, we took it back to be checked but it turns out it was correct! I couldn't believe it. £1.75 for a yogurt that would cost 45p in the most expensive of supermarkets. Suffice it to say I won't be eating at the NEC restaurants again and will take my own packed lunch. For the same price I can get a decent lunch from M&S and still have change. (yeah, I know, loads of you are saying "could have told you that Jo") lesson learned.

2 comments:

Jo Austin said...

Hi Hun.. just to let you know I've tagged you and given you an award... check my blog for details.. love Jo xx

Mandy said...

Oh what fabby cards!!!! Finally getting a chance to look through the designers blogs from Docrafts!! Love the card with the papers from the spring pack and the butterflies, gorgeous!
Mandyxx